- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water (110-115º F)
- 1 teaspoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- Nonstick spray or butter for greasing tray
- 1-2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread or other chocolate spread
- 1 cup candies, nuts, sprinkles etc.
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a liquid measuring cup mix together warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes until it starts to foam up. Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together flour and salt.
- Add foaming yeast mixture and olive oil, and mix until well combined and forms a rough dough.
- Cover with a towel and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Meanwhile, grease a baking sheet and sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons sugar.
- Once dough has rested, spread into a 10-12 inch circle on the baking sheet.
- Use a fork to prick holes all over top of dough, and brush with melted butter. Bake crust for about 12 minutes until it is golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes. Spread chocolate hazelnut spread over your pizza crust and sprinkle with your desired toppings.
- Slice into wedges and serve immediately.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.