Chocolate Pound Cake
Chocolate Pound Cake
- 1 1/4 cups (5.6 oz) all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup (2.6 oz) Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 sticks (8 oz) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (2 oz) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup sifted Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan or a bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour and salt. Place cocoa in a medium heatproof bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly pour in boiling water and whisk until smooth and combined.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in vanilla and cocoa mixture and beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. On low speed gradually add flour mixture, beating until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack over a baking sheet for 15 minutes before removing to the wire rack to cool completely.
- To prepare the glaze, combine the butter, milk, and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat, warming until butter melts. Turn heat to low and add vanilla and chocolate, whisking until melted. Turn off heat and gradually add powdered sugar, whisking until smooth. Pour glaze over the cooled cake. Let rest before slicing and serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Tessa Arias @HandletheHeat.