- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar, well packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (50-60% cocoa)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add 1 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar; mix well. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Add to above in one step and mix just until combined. Add chocolate chips.
- Combine cinnamon and 1/3 cup granulated sugar well. Scoop dough into 2 tablespoon size balls and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on parchment lined or non-stick cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Flatten gently with palm of your hand.
- Bake cookies at 350°F for 9-10 minutes or until nearly set in the middle. Cookies will firm as they cool and they are delicious when still soft. Baking longer will make the cookies crisp.