Chocolate Sundae Cookies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cherry juice from maraschino cherries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (12 oz) maraschino cherries, without stems
- 1 cup dehydrated marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 16 ounces chocolate almond bark
- 1 jar (12 oz) maraschino cherries, with stems
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon cherry juice from cherry jar.
- Drain remaining juice from cherries. Pat cherries dry and chop into pieces.
- In bowl of electric mixer, cream together butter and both sugars.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, and cherry juice. Mix well.
- Add in chopped cherries and 1/2 cup dehydrated marshmallows. Mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- With mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture to batter. Mix until just combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Press a few dehydrated marshmallows into top of dough.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes and then move to cooling rack to completely cool.
- Melt chocolate bark according to package directions.
- Dip cookies half way into melted chocolate and lay on a piece of parchment paper.
- While chocolate is wet, sprinkle chopped walnuts and dehydrated marshmallows on top.
- Dip a cherry (with stem) into melted chocolate and place on top of cookie.
- Let chocolate harden before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments