Chocolate Truffle Cookies
- 1 1/8 cup chocolate chips, about 50-56% cacao
- 1 bar (4 oz) unsweetened chocolate, chopped in small pieces
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or additional flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, about 50-56% cacao
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a bowl combine 1 1/8 cups of chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate, and butter. Place over low simmering water and stir continuously until melted. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, cornstarch, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, whip eggs until well combined. Add sugar and whip until mousse-like, about 8 minutes.
- Add vanilla, salt, and flour mixture and stir to combine. Add remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Place dough in refrigerator for 90 minutes or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shape dough into 2 tablespoons (or 3) balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and bake for about 9-10 minutes.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments