Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, and baking powder and set aside.
- Line 2-3 cookie sheets with parchment paper or coat with a thin layer of butter and set aside.
- Mix soft butter until very light and fluffy. Add sugar and keep mixing.
- Add egg, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour-cocoa mixture to above in one single step. Mix until combined; do not overmix.
- Press dough on a plastic food film lined cookie sheet about 1/4-inch thick and place in a refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until firm. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll dough 3 credit cards thick on a lightly floured surface. (Cocoa or powdered sugar could be used in the place of flour.)
- Cut into circles about 1.5 inch in diameter. Place on cookie sheets. Brush off any excess flour.
- Place in oven for 9-10 minutes. Move to a wire rack to cool.