Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- /2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- /3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 cups (heaping) grated zucchini
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Sift baking flour, cocoa, spices, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix butter, oil, sugar, vanilla, eggs, and milk.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the zucchini, and then fold in chocolate chips.
- Full cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake 16 to 22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- Once cooled, frost as desired with Chocolate Butter Frosting.
The moistest cupcake I have ever tasted! Great chocolate flavor and it has veggies too.