Cholesterol Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons oil (grapeseed, canola, light or mild olive oil or other healthy oil)
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 bag (12 oz) semi sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 3/4 cup walnut or pecan pieces
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients beat oil, sugar, brown sugar and salt until well combined.
- Add egg whites one at a time waiting for previous added amount to be fully incorporated. Add vanilla extract.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and cinnamon and add to above. Mix as little as possible and just until it forms dough.
- Mix in chocolate and nuts until combined.
- Scoop dough in 2 tablespoon amounts onto parchment lined or well buttered cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the center is nearly set.