- 11/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup buttermilk (no substitutions)
- 3/4 cup cinnamon sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to Bake at 350ºF. Butter and flour, or generously grease a bundt pan. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together 1 cup of melted butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour and buttermilk and whisk just until a smooth batter forms.
- Transfer half of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cinnamon sugar over batter.
- Pour rest of batter over cinnamon sugar and spread evenly. Bake at 350ºF for 65-70 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool for about 30 minutes before inverting it onto a plate.
- Generously brush 1/4 cup of melted butter all over outside of cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, lifting bottom of cake as needed to coat sides well.
- Use remaining melted butter to brush a second coat over cake, and once again coat with remaining cinnamon sugar for a total of two layers of butter and two layers of cinnamon sugar.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over top. Serve with additional sauce if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashton Swank @keatseats.