Cinnamon Bun Pecan Pie
- 1 can store bought refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls plus icing
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- About 50 pecan halves (for the top of the pie)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Butter inside of a 9-inch deep dish pie pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take 2 uncooked cinnamon rolls and set them aside for pie sides.
- Roll remaining rolls flat with a rolling pin and place into bottom of pie dish. Use back of a spoon to press rolls down as flat as you can.
- Unroll two cinnamon rolls and use them to line sides of the pie dish.
- Use back of spoon to press rolls flat.
- Make sure entire inside of pie dish is covered with cinnamon rolls and rolls are pressed flat to make crust.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, mix together brown sugar, white sugar, and eggs. Mix until everything is combined and creamy.
- Mix in melted butter, milk, and flour. Stir to combine.
- Slowly mix in 2 cups chopped pecans. Mix in vanilla.
- Pour mixture into cinnamon roll pie shell. Sprinkle, or neatly arrange, pecan halves over top of pie.
- If filling does not cover cinnamon bun edges, cover crust edges with foil or they WILL BURN while this pie bakes.
- Bake pie for 45 minutes or until done.
- Set pie on a wire rack and let cool for 30 minutes. Middle of pie will firm up with cooling.
- Serve warm and drizzle slices with warm cinnamon roll icing.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.