Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup + 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 1 box (16 oz) Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Pinch salt
- Mix butter until light and fluffy. Add one cup powdered sugar and combine well. Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla, milk and pinch of salt. Mix until well blended.
For a smooth and creamy buttercream frosting, all ingredients should be at the same temperature. If your liquid was not at room temperature the mixture cannot homogenize and will take on a curdled appearance (become soupy looking). This is a sign that the mixture is still too cold. Rapidly stirring and gentle warming will emulsify the buttercream to a smooth and creamy consistency. Continue to mix while using a hair dryer on the outside of mixing bowl until the perfect consistency is reached. For additional tips on how to make the perfect buttercream, watch our How to Fix a Broken Buttercream video.