Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened, cut into pieces)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- For dusting, Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powered Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Prepare crumb topping: Mix together sugars, cinnamon, salt, and butter in medium mixing bowl. Add flour and stir together into a thick dough. Set aside.
- For coffee cake: Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large bowl, sift flour. Mix in sugar, baking soda, and salt with hand or stand mixer on low speed to combine. Add pieces of butter one at a time and continue beating 1-2 minutes until crumb-like mixture begins to form and until all butter is fully incorporated. Add whole egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and buttermilk and mix on medium-high speed for 1 minute until light and fluffy.
- Pour batter into greased baking pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle crumble topping evenly across top of batter, starting with edges and then working towards the center, taking care not to poke or sink crumble pieces down into batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool on wire rack at least 30 minutes. Dust with Powered Sugar just before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashley Schoenith @heirloomedblog.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments