Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cupcakes
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups milk, warm
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two muffin tins with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cream butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture in three additions alternating with warm milk scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake liners. Bake for 22 to 23 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add 1 cup powdered sugar. Add remaining sugar slowly on low speed until all sugar has been added. Once sugar is added, add vanilla. If icing is too runny, add more sugar as needed. Pipe or spread frosting on cooled cupcakes.
This recipe comes from Sweetalk member Taylor Kimmer who won Third Place in the Favorite Cupcake category at the 2019 Louisiana State Fair.