Cinnamon Crumb Peach Slab Pie
- One 9-inch Pure Butter Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 7 cups peaches (12 medium)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Crumble Topping
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter
- 1 pint blackberries
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Not required but for easy clean up, line bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch or 10 x 15 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using your fingers, press just made and non refrigerated pie dough evenly onto the bottom and sides of the pan. Set aside.
- Place sugar and tapioca in a bowl large enough to hold all remaining ingredients.
- Peel peaches and remove pit, cut flesh in even sized slices and chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and vanilla extract. Melt butter and add. Allow 20 minutes for tapioca to hydrate properly before proceeding with step 8. Meanwhile prepare Cinnamon crumble topping and set oven to 375°F.
- Prepare crumble by combining flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a bowl. Using a cheese grater, grate the very cold butter into small pieces directly onto flour mixture.
- Rub between your hands to turn streusel into small lumps and consequently into crumbles.
- Spread peach mixture onto pie dough and scatter crumble onto peaches.
- Place in oven and bake until golden and thick bubbles have formed indicating that tapioca has thickened the juices, about 45 minutes.
- Serve with blackberries.