Cinnamon Peanut Brittle
- 1 cup peanuts, raw and unsalted
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Lightly butter a 9 x 13 inch pan or set aside a silicone baking mat.
- In a 1 to 2 quart saucepan bring to a boil peanuts, sugar, water, honey, salt and vanilla extract. Using a wooden or a heat resistant rubber spatula stir mixture to 300°F. Remove from heat.
- Add butter and stir until melted. Add baking soda and cinnamon and immediately pour mixture onto buttered pan.
- Using a spatula press and stretch brittle to size of pan.
- Once cooled break in pieces and store airtight.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments