- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 bag (5-6 ounces) pecans halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugars, half and half, and butter. Using a heat resistant or wood spatula and a digital thermometer, stir mixture to 232°F.
- At 230°F add pecan halves, salt, and vanilla extract and stir to 237°F. Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon. Allow mixture to cool undisturbed and uncovered until it reaches 212°F.
- At 212°F stir mixture for a few seconds until it slightly starts to thicken. Quickly drop tablespoon sized amounts on wax paper or a silicone baking mat. Let harden.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Imperial Sugar Insight
If the mixture firms or becomes crystallized before it was dropped, reheat mixture with a few drops of water. Let cool slightly and drop on wax paper.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments