Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lightly packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup whole milk
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined. On low speed, beat in cornstarch and flour. Continue mixing until dough starts to clump together.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until it comes together. Form into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and lightly toast pecans. Let cool. Toss pecans with brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside. Whisk together egg white and water
- On a floured piece of waxed paper, roll out chilled dough into a 9x12” rectangle. Brush on egg wash. Scatter brown sugar mixture evenly over top. Press lightly.
- Starting with one long end, roll dough into a log, using waxed paper as a guide. Wrap in waxed paper and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a sharp knife, or a piece of unwaxed dental floss, to slice log into 1/2"-3/4” wide slices. Place flat onto cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare glaze: With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. On low speed add sugar, vanilla and milk. Beat until combined, then increase speed to medium and mix until smooth. Add more milk or sugar to adjust thickness.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies. Glaze will harden upon standing.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.