Cinnamon Sugar Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, and pumpkin spice.
- Add pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Gently mix until batter forms.
- Transfer batter to a zip top bag and snip corner to easily pipe batter into a well-greased doughnut pan.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check for doneness.
- Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons of butter and mix together sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes. Doughnuts should be cool enough to handle, but still warm.
- Brush melted butter on each doughnut and dip it in cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Best served fresh.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashton Swank @keatseats.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments