Cinnamon Sugar Toffee
- 2 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bags (10 oz) white chocolate chips or melting wafers
- Line a 9x13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup granulated sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-heat, combine butter, 2 cups sugar and salt. Cook, stirring until butter is melted.
- Allow mixture to come to a boil and allow to cook, stirring occasionally, until temperature has reached 285°F on a candy thermometer.
- As soon as toffee reaches proper temperature, immediately remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Quickly pour it out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Let toffee sit for 5 minutes. Then sprinkle top of toffee with white chocolate chips spread evenly over top, and let it sit for a couple of minutes to soften and chocolate begins to melt.
- Using a spatula, spread white chocolate into a thin even layer. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over white chocolate.
- Place toffee in refrigerator to chill until toffee has cooled and white chocolate has set. Break into pieces, and store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.