Cinnamon Swirl Buttermilk Pie
- Pure Butter Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in center of oven.
- Line a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with pie crust hanging about 1/2-inch over edge of pie plate.
- Cream together butter and sugars in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add flour and salt and beat vigorously.
- Stir together eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Combine with butter mixture and pour into pie shell. Sprinkle cinnamon in various spots and swirl throughout pie batter with a knife.
- Bake for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 325°F and bake for another 30-45 minutes or until filling is just slightly jiggly.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments