- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Topping
- 1 cup peanut butter
- A few tablespoons Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup toasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, optional
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- Mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to above in one step and mix just until combined.
- Roll dough in 2 tablespoon size balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Flatten gently with palm of your hand to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake cookies for 10-11 minutes or until very light golden on edges. Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If using unsweetened peanut butter, add a couple of tablespoons of powdered sugar and mix to combine. Taste for sweetness and add more if desired. Adding powdered sugar to natural labeled peanut butter will help to firm it up and enhance flavor.
- Either spread peanut butter on cookies using a spatula or place it in a piping bag fitted with a plain round tube and pipe it in spiral fashion on surface of cookies.
- Decorate with peanuts and chocolate chips.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments