Citrus Spice Glazed Ham
- 3 cups orange juice (reserve 1/4 cup to mix with thickener)
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 8 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons corn starch or arrowroot for thickening
- 1 medium whole ham (12-14 lbs), precooked variety
- Combine following in a large saucepan: orange juice, sugars, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, peppercorns, cloves and allspice. Bring to a boil.
- Blend thickener of your choice with reserved cup of orange juice.
- Add to mixture, reduce heat, and continue to cook at a brisk simmer until liquid has reduced and is thick enough to coat back of a spoon, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Unwrap ham and rinse under cold water; pat dry. Score the ham's skin about 1 inch deep vertically and diagonally every 2 inches to create a criss-cross pattern to allow glaze to soak in.
- Place ham, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan large enough to comfortably hold ham. Tent ham with foil and place it in the middle of a preheated oven. General baking time guidelines are listed below. Ham should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Pour glaze over ham. Baste every 20 minutes.
- During last hour of roasting, remove foil tent.
- Remove from oven and let ham rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with orange slices and roasted vegetables, if desired
Imperial Sugar Insight
How Long to Cook Ham at 325°F
- Precooked and boneless ham: 15-24 minutes per pound
- Precooked and bone-in ham: 18-20 minutes per pound
- Uncooked and boneless ham: 30-35 minutes per pound
- Uncooked and bone-in ham: 22-26 minutes per pound
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments