Citrus Spice Glazed Ham
- 3 cups orange juice (reserve 1/4 cup to mix with thickener)
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 8 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons corn starch or arrowroot for thickening
- 1 medium whole ham (12-14 lbs), precooked variety
- Combine following in a large saucepan: orange juice, sugars, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, peppercorns, cloves and allspice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Blend thickener of your choice with reserved cup of orange juice.
- Add to mixture, reduce heat and continue to cook at a brisk simmer until liquid has reduced and is thick enough to coat back of a spoon, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place ham, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan large enough to comfortably hold ham.
- Pour glaze over ham.
- Bake ham in middle of preheated oven, basting ham every 1/2 hour until done or until meat can easily be pierced with a long pronged meat fork. Cover with a loose tent of foil, if needed, to prevent over browning.
- Garnish with orange slices and roasted vegetables, if desired