- 3 1/2 to 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 1/2 cup warm whole milk (120° to 130°F)
- 1 egg
- Optional: Melted butter
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Add 2 cups flour, sugar, butter, salt and yeast to bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Mix until combined. Add warm water, milk, and egg. Mix for one minute on low speed, scraping the bowl. Increase speed to medium and mix for another minute. Add flour 1/4 cup at a time until the dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Switch to dough hook and knead on low speed for 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth and springs back when touched.
- Transfer to a large buttered bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size. (It is ready when you insert your finger into dough and indentation stays in place.)
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Cut dough into 48 small pieces. Roll into a ball. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Place 4 balls into each cup. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350° F oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush tops with melted butter.