Coca Cola® Chocolate Cake
Coca Cola Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 3/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Coca Cola®
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sift together flour and sugar and place in a bowl large enough to hold remaining ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan whisk butter, Coke, and cocoa powder to a boil and remove from heat.
- Pour hot mixture into flour bowl and mix to combine.
- Whisk in vanilla, salt, and buttermilk. Once combined, whisk in eggs and baking soda.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until center bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before applying glaze.
- Make glaze by placing sugar evenly in a medium saucepan. Place on medium heat until sugar starts to melt and begins to caramelize.
- When the majority of sugar has melted add Coke; heavy steam will develop so be careful.
- Remove from heat and whisk until any crunchy caramel bits have dissolved.
- Add chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Scatter pecans (or walnuts) over cake surface and drizzle chocolate glaze over nuts and cake.