Coconut Cream Brownies
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Coconut Cream Frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounce package instant coconut cream pudding
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper long enough to hang over on two sides, making it easier to remove from pan once baked. Spray pan and paper.
- In small saucepot over medium heat, or in the microwave, melt chocolate and butter until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, and coconut extract with the sugar. Slowly add in chocolate mixture until well combined.
- In small bowl, sift together cocoa, salt and flour. Add mixture to rest of batter. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until just set and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While brownies are cooling, prepare Coconut Cream Frosting. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter with pudding mix until smooth, about 5 minutes. Add in the extracts and heavy cream; beat for one additional minute. Add powdered sugar on low speed gradually and mix for 4 minutes. Stir in half of toasted coconut. Reserve remaining coconut for top.
- Top with Coconut Cream Frosting and garnish with toasted coconut, if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.