Coconut Cream Truffles
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut
- 4.4 ounce white chocolate bar (recipe was developed using a Classic Lindt bar)
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut liquor or additional coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut for enrobing/rolling truffles
- Place unsweetened coconut flakes in a food processor or blender and mix until coconut is in very small shreds. Set aside.
- Chop chocolate bar in pea size pieces and set aside.
- Shake canned coconut milk well before measuring. In a saucepan bring coconut milk and sugar to a boil. (If not using coconut liquor, add and boil extra 2 tablespoons of coconut milk in the saucepan as well.)
- Remove from heat and add fine shredded coconut. Add white chocolate and stir until chocolate has melted. Add coconut liquor.
- Cover with plastic food film and set aside until mixture has firmed and holds its shape, about 3-4 hours.
- Shape into spheres slightly smaller than a tablespoon.
- Roll into coconut.
- Store truffles in refrigerator, but allow to come to room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.