Coconut Lime Carlota
- 2 cans (14 oz each) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cans (12 oz each) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 24 Marias style cookies
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Lime rounds sliced in half
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together milks, lime juice, sugar, lime zest, and coconut extract in a large bowl.
- Arrange Marias cookies in a single layer on bottom and sides of pan. Pour half of milk mixture over cookies, making sure cookies are completely covered.
- Add a second layer of cookies and a layer of shredded coconut over cookies. Top with remaining milk mixture and decorate with halved lime slices.
- Freeze for 4 hours to overnight or until set. Unmold, slice, and serve.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.