Coconut Mousse with Strawberry Sauce
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in cold water.
- Mix light cream and sugar in a medium saucepan and heat almost to a boil. Remove from the heat and add gelatin. Stir until dissolved.
- Put the mixture into refrigerator. Stir every 15 minutes until it thickens.
- Whip the cream. Add vanilla and coconut. Gently fold in gelatin mixture.
- Pour into glasses or molds and chill until set, about 2 hours.
- Make the strawberry sauce while the mousse is setting. Hull and wash strawberries. Crush and cover in sugar. Let sit for 1 hour.
- Serve coconut mousse with strawberry sauce.