- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 12 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes, optional topping
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar, optional topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 12-count muffin pan with butter.
- Place a fine wire mesh strainer over a large bowl. Pass egg yolks through a fine wire mesh using a rubber spatula to remove egg yolk skin.
- Remove strainer, add sugar, coconut milk, coconut extract, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Stir in coconut flakes.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan and fill about 3/4 full.
- Carefully place muffin pan into a larger roasting pan. Then place both in oven and fill with water halfway up side of muffin pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until quindim are set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Tops should be light and golden brown.
- Carefully remove from water bath and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife gently around edges to help loosen. Place a baking sheet over muffin tin and carefully invert quindim. Chill until ready to serve.
- Combine coconut flakes and brown sugar and sprinkle over the top just before serving.