Coffee Can Pumpkin Bread
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons allspice
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 can (15 oz) solid pack pumpkin
- 1 cup oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- You will also need 4 regular sized coffee cans for this recipe.
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray coffee cans with cooking spray. Use a pastry brush to thoroughly coat grooves in can.
- Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin, oil, water, vanilla, orange zest, nuts and raisins to egg and sugar. Mix all together thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to above. Combine well.
- Fill 4 coffee cans 1/2 full with batter. Place directly on oven rack. Bake for one hour at 350°F. Remove from oven and cool, in cans, 15 minutes or until bread turns loose from can. Invert on racks and cool completely. Cut into rounds. If available, an electric knife is perfect tool for neat round. Spread with softened butter or favorite cream cheese icing.