Coffee Toffee Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Heath English Toffee Bits O’Brickle
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat and set aside.
- Add instant coffee granules and warm water to a small bowl. Mix until dissolved.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, and both sugars until creamy. Add in vanilla extract, dissolved coffee, eggs, and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in toffee bits and then using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough on prepared cookie sheet about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven. Let cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Heather Seeley @FoodLovinFamily.