- Pour sugar into a large cereal bowl.
- Slowly and carefully, add food coloring one drop at a time.
- Wearing rubber gloves, rub food coloring into sugar with your hands until all sugar evenly colored. Add more dye as needed. If the color is too dark, add more sugar and combine.
- If you are not using your colored sugar immediately, spread it out on parchment or wax paper to dry completely
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Fun Ideas for Using Colored Sugar
- Line the rim of lemonade glasses (or martini glasses).
- Sprinkle sugar on white chocolate covered strawberries (or any treat dipped in white or dark chocolate – pretzels, sandwich cookies, dried fruits, cake balls, truffles).
- Sprinkle on cupcakes, cakes, sugar cookies, ice cream or yogurt.
- Liven up your pancakes and waffles by adding sugar as your final touch.
- Knead it into your homemade playdough for some added color.
- Package in a glass jar for a gift or decoration for Mother’s Day or as a Teacher’s Appreciation gift.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments