Cookie Topped Fruit Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 4 medium acorn squash (1 1/4-1 1/2 lb each)
- 1 1/2 cups seedless oranges (peeled, white pith removed and chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups whole berry cranberry sauce
- 6 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pierce squash generously with a fork and arrange squash onto paper towels in microwave. Microwave on high power 6 to 7 minutes or until slightly tender. Cut in half and remove seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine orange pieces, cranberry sauce, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture evenly into squash halves, place onto baking sheet(s) and bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Combine all topping ingredients and mix with a fork until everything is well combined and crumbly.
- Remove baking sheet(s) from oven. Scoop tablespoons of topping mixture equally on top of squash halves. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Squash should be tender.
Imperial Sugar Insight
To keep squash halves upright as they bake, cut a narrow slice off the bottom of each half before stuffing.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments