Cookies and Cream Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 Oreos®, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Hershey's Cookies 'n' Cream® candy bar, coarsely chopped
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line or grease an 8x8-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In an electric stand mixer cream together butter with both sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla extract and egg until egg is fully incorporated.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Using a spatula fold in chopped cookies and candy until well blended.
- Press dough into prepared baking dish and bake for about 25 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool before slicing to serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.