Cookies and Cream Brownies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup, packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 individual cookies and cream sandwich cookies
- 4-6 individual cookies and cream sandwich cookies, crumbled
- 8 ounces container of whipped topping or 1 cup of fresh whipped cream
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- For brownies, preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 8x8-sized baking pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add melted butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar and mix with your hand mixer on medium speed.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition to incorporate.
- Mix in oil and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl and reduce speed of mixer.
- In intervals, add flour mixture to wet mixture until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add half of brownie batter to baking pan and evenly spread out.
- Place cookies and cream cookies on top of brownie batter in four rows of four cookies.
- Evenly spread remaining brownie batter on top of cookies.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out just barely clean. Do not over bake.
- Remove brownies and cool completely on cooling rack.
- For Topping, add majority of crumbled cookies and cream cookies to whipped topping or fresh whipped cream and gently fold in.
- Evenly spread whipped topping on completely cooled brownies. Sprinkle tops of brownies with remaining crumbled cookies. Cut into squares and serve. Keep refrigerated.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jocelyn Delk Adams @Grandbaby-Cakes.com.
Can't wait to try this recipe! My family will love these brownies!