Copycat Chocolate Chip Creme Pies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Creme Filling
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt, or to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons cream or milk
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, corn starch and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix until just combined without over-mixing.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips by hand. Scoop dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes or until lightly golden on the bottom. Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes on pan before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- While cookies are cooling, prepare filling. In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth with no lumps. Beat in powdered sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Beat in cream 1 tablespoon at a time until a creamy consistency is achieved.
- Spoon filling onto one cookie, about 2-3 tablespoons each, and place another cookie on top to make a sandwich. Repeat this process for the rest of the cookies.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Kraft @SprinkleSomeSugar.