Copycat Cosmic Brownies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Chocolate Ganache Topping
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Rainbow chip candy for topping
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together melted butter and sugar. Stir in eggs one at a time, and then add vanilla and salt.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder together and add to bowl. Stir until a thick brownie batter forms.
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper and lightly grease with nonstick cooking spray. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Once cool, prepare the chocolate ganache topping.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl heat heavy whipping cream in a microwave for 45 seconds or until it is very warm to the touch.
- Add chocolate chips to cream and stir until melted and smooth. If needed, return to microwave to heat in 10-second increments, stirring in between.
- Let cool slightly before spreading onto brownies.
- Top with rainbow chip candy pieces. Let ganache cool and set completely before cutting and serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashton Swank @keatseats.
Little Debbie Cosmic® Brownies are the registered trademark of McKee Foods. All rights reserved.