Copycat DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cups chopped walnuts
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In an electric stand mixer cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar together until light and fluffy - about 2 minutes.
- Add in eggs, vanilla extract, and lemon juice and mix for about 2 minutes.
- Whisk flour, oats, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon together.
- Gradually add flour mixture to dough, mixing until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Using 3 tablespoon scoop, portion dough onto a prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 20-23 minutes until edges are golden. Center may appear under done, but that is fine. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.