Copycat Jelly Creme Pies
White Cake Cookies
- 1 box (15.25 oz) cake mix, white
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 10 ounces milk chocolate candy melts
- For cookies, preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil. Scoop out heaping tablespoons and roll them into balls. Slightly flatten dough with your palms and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden on bottoms. Let cool completely.
- For cream cheese filling, mix butter and cream cheese using an electric mixer.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing between each addition. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Transfer filling to a piping bag and set aside.
- To assemble, using cream cheese filling, pipe a dam around top of a cookie. Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of jam into center. Place another cookie, upside down (flat side up) onto top of filling.
- Repeat with remaining cookies. Freeze all of assembled cookies for 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate melting candy according to directions on package.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack, and place rack over a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate over each cookie and let chocolate run over sides. It should cool and harden quickly.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashton Swank @somethingswanky.