Copycat Little Debbie Chocolate Chip Cakes
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 7 ounces marshmallow fluff
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 48 ounces white almond bark
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- For Chocolate Cake, preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Mix in boiling water until combined and super smooth.
- Lay parchment paper onto two 14.75-inch x 10.5-inch rimmed baking sheets.
- Pour four cups of batter onto each sheet and spread out.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cakes cool completely.
- Carefully cut out 3 x 3-inch squares of each cake layer.
- Set cakes aside.
- In a bowl, mix marshmallow fluff and powdered sugar together with an electric mixer until combined and thick.
- Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of marshmallow filling on top center of half of cake squares. Marshmallow filling will spread out a bit so don’t over fill.
- Place other half of cake squares on top to create sandwich cakes.
- Place stacked cakes into freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Melt white almond bark according to package directions.
- Add coconut oil into melted almond bark and stir until smooth.
- Place 1 cold cake sandwich onto a spatula, hold cake over white chocolate bowl and spoon melted white chocolate over cake tops and sides. (Don’t worry if bits of cake fall into the white chocolate because the original Little Debbie Cakes have bits of cake in the frosting as well.)
- Place covered cake onto a piece of parchment paper and sprinkle on a few mini chocolate chips.
- Repeat with remaining cakes.
- Let cakes sit for 30 minutes for coating to harden.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.
Little Debbie ©2022 McKee Foods. All Rights Reserved.