Copycat Little Debbie Chocolate Marshmallow Pies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 16 graham cracker rectangles, pulverized into fine crumbs (equal to 2 cups graham cracker flour)
- 12 ounces milk chocolate candy melts
- 12 ounces dark chocolate candy melts
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch pan with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper, press down, then spray paper with cooking spray.
- Pour white sugar, corn syrup, and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Let mixture come to a boil, without stirring.
- Cook sugar mixture until candy thermometer registers 260°F degrees. Once it reaches 260°F, remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over 3/4 cup water in a metal or glass bowl. Let gelatin stand 5 minutes.
- Create a double boiler by setting bowl of gelatin and water over a pot of simmering water.
- Whisk until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat egg whites in bowl of an electric mixer with a whisk attachment until stiff. Whisk gelatin mixture into sugar mixture. With electric mixer on low, gradually add gelatin sugar mixture to egg whites.
- Mix on high speed for 15 minutes, until very thick.
- Pour mixture into prepared 9 x 13-inch pan. Spread smooth. Let marshmallows sit uncovered for 8 hours to dry.
- To make cookies preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together with an electric mixer.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Slowly add flour and crushed graham crackers.
- Mix well until dough forms. Dough will be crumbly.
- Pour dough out onto a flat surface and knead dough until combined.
- Taking small sections of dough at a time, roll out 1/4 thickness. Cut out 24 scallop cookies.
- Place cookies on a prepared baking sheet. Using a skewer or a fork, poke a few holes into top of cookies.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then remove from baking sheet and let cookies cool on a wire rack.
- Remove marshmallows from pan and cut out 12 marshmallows with round cookie cutter. Dip cutter into powdered sugar if it gets too sticky.
- Cut marshmallows into desired thickness.
- Place each marshmallow disk in between 2 cooled cookies to create a sandwich.
- Repeat with all marshmallows and cookies.
- Melt chocolate candy melts according to package directions.
- Dip and coat each sandwich cookie, tap off excess chocolate and then place on a piece of parchment paper to harden.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Little Debbie is a registered trademark of ©2020 McKee Foods. All rights reserved.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.