Copycat Little Debbie Christmas Tree Brownies
- 2 sticks butter, unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 ounce chocolate syrup
- 1 cup green chocolate candy melts
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- mini candy-coated chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line 9x13-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine diced butter, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir mixture and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Let chocolate mixture cool slightly.
- When chocolate mixture has cooled a bit, stir in vanilla and salt.
- Next, stir in eggs.
- Mix in flour until completely incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate syrup.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut out Christmas tree brownies using a medium or small Christmas tree cookie cutter.
- To decorate, pour green chocolate candy melts in a medium bowl.
- Heat heavy cream in small saucepan or microwave until very hot.
- Pour cream over candy melts and let sit for two minutes.
- Stir until mixed together and smooth.
- Let melted candy sit for five minutes, carefully use a spoon to pour ganache over tops of brownies.
- Sprinkle with mini candy-coated chocolate chips.
- For a firmer ganache on brownies, let decorated brownie trees cool for 2-3 hours.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Little Debbie Christmas Tree Brownies® trademark ©2018 McKee Foods. All rights reserved.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.