- 3/4 cup of water
- 3 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (approximately 1½ envelopes )
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 graham cracker squares
- 10 ounces semi-sweet melting chocolate
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water and allow to gelatin to soften for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla. Turn heat to medium-high and continue to stir until sugar has completely dissolved, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool until lukewarm.
- Pour mixture into bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk on high speed for 15-20 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
- Meanwhile, use a cookie cutter to cut 3-inch circles out of graham crackers.
- Transfer a portion of marshmallow mixture to a piping bag, and pipe small dollops on top of each graham cracker. Chill marshmallow-topped crackers in freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate over low heat on a stovetop or in 30-second increments in a microwave.
- Working with one cookie at a time (and leaving the rest in the freezer), spoon melted chocolate over marshmallow topping. Gently tap bottom of cookie with a finger to help chocolate drip evenly down sides. Allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- Let chocolate cool to harden. Cookies can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- ® Mallomars is the copyright of © Mondelēz Global LLC. All rights reserved.
- Excess filling can be piped into dots on a nonstick surface (like parchment paper or a silicone mat) to make marshmallows. Let them sit for 2 hours to set completely and then toss in powdered sugar to coat. Store homemade marshmallows in an airtight bag.
- Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashton Swank @keatseats.