Copycat Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and coffee powder.
- Add dry ingredients to butter/sugar mixture, and mix until dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving 2-inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashton Swank @keatseats.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments