Copycat Peanut Butter Chocolate Double Doozies®
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperate
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream or milk
- Rainbow sprinkles (optional)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
Peanut Butter Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and peanut butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add brown sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda. Mix until dough just comes together. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for one hour.
- Using a scoop, place dough on prepared sheets, about an inch apart. Dip a fork in sugar and press a crosshatch pattern on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes, scraping as needed.
- Add half of powdered sugar and beat until well combined. Add remaining powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla. Beat for 5 minutes, until very light and fluffy. Add cream and beat an additional minute.
- To assemble, add buttercream to a piping bag. Pipe onto underside of a cookie and top with an additional cookie. Or use a knife to spread the frosting. If desired roll edges in sprinkles.