Copycat Shamrock Shakes with Minty Whipped Cream and Candy Shamrocks
- 1 ounce green candy melts, melted
Minty Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- For Candy Shamrocks, spoon green candy melts into a small zip top bag and snip tip off of bag.
- Pipe shamrocks (3 small dots and one stem) onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Freeze for 3-5 minutes until candy hardens. Remove from freezer and peel shamrocks off paper and set aside until needed.
- To make Minty Whipped Cream, pour heavy whipping cream into a small mixing bowl and sift the powdered sugar over top.
- Add peppermint extract and beat using an electric mixer on low speed for 15 seconds. Increase speed to high and beat until whipped cream forms stiff peaks.
- Spoon into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip and refrigerate until needed.
- To make Shamrock Shakes, combine vanilla ice cream, milk, peppermint extract, and a few drops of green food coloring in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses and top with a big swirl of whipped cream and shamrock candies.
- Serve immediately with a straw.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe created for Imperial Sugar by Beth Jackson Klosterboer at Hungry Happenings.