Copycat Strawberry Three Musketeers Candy Bar
- 2 (1 oz) envelopes gelatin
- 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup room temperature or cold water
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- Pinch salt
- 4 teaspoons strawberry extract
- Red food color if desired as needed
- 1 (12 oz) bag white chocolate chips
- 16 ounces chocolate flavored candy coating
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with plastic food wrap and set aside. Spread a little oil on pan first to make the plastic stick better. Set aside.
- Place gelatin and 1/2 cup water in bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whip attachment.
- In a saucepan combine 1/2 cup water, sugar, and corn syrup. Stir to a boil. Once boiling, place a lid on the pan for 2 minutes. Then remove lid, this will have trapped steam and made sugar crystals that were stuck to the side of pan slide down in syrup. For remainder of boiling process do not stir syrup at any time or the mixture may crystallize.
- Boil to 245°F and maximum to 250°F. Remove from heat and pour into bowl containing gelatin.
- Start whipping on low speed and gradually increase speed to medium-high.
- Whip to a thick mousse-like consistency resembling marshmallow fluff. This will take about 7-8 minutes. Add strawberry extract and food color at any time.
- Meanwhile over a very low simmering water bath melt white chocolate chips.
- Remove strawberry fluff mixture from mixer. Add melted chocolate and combine using a rubber spatula. If you prefer a deeper strawberry flavor add additional extract now.
- Spread onto prepared sheet and let cool.
- Cut into desired bar size; however, a small size such as 1/2 inch by 1 1/2 inch is an easy size to dip in chocolate. Separate bars so they no longer touch.
- Melt a few tablespoons of chocolate coating. Spread a thin and even layer of melted chocolate coating on the surface of each bar. This action will prevent your fork from sticking to the filling during the dipping process.
- Once coating has firmed, turn bars upside down (chocolate coated surface facing down) onto a new sheet of plastic food wrap.
- Melt remaining chocolate coating in a small bowl. Drop a bar with pre-coated chocolate surface facing down into the melted coating, lift out of chocolate with a fork.
- Place on a parchment-lined surface and dip fork on surface of freshly dipped bar to make a design.
- Repeat with remaining bars.