Copycat Vanilla Wafer Cookies
- 1 cup + 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sift flour and set aside.
- Mix soft butter and powdered sugar and mix until no lumps remain.
- Add one egg white and mix until smooth. Scrape bowl. Add remaining egg whites and egg one at a time waiting for previously added amount to be fully incorporated. Scrape bowl between additions. If mixture looks curdled, the eggs were too cold. Use a blow dryer to heat bowl while mixing, it will become smooth and creamy again.
- Add salt and vanilla. Once combined, add all flour at once and mix until combined. Do not overmix.
- The batter will be somewhat soft. Either scoop batter and drop about 2 teaspoons on parchment lined cookie sheets or place batter in a piping bag fitted with a medium pastry tip. Pipe it in even mounds onto cookie sheets. Keep cookies about 2/3 inch apart as batter will spread when baked.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 11-13 minutes or until golden.
- Keep cookies airtight or frozen.