Coquito Cupcakes with Toasted Coconut
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup homemade coquito
- Toasted coconut for garnish
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350´F. Line a cupcake pan with liners; set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter, sugar and light brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at time, mixing well, scraping down sides as needed. Add dry ingredients and coquito alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Scrape sides down as needed.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake lined pan, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one, comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- Cream butter until fluffy. Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar until it is well combined. Add the coquito, blend completely until frosting is creamy. Frost cooled cupcakes and top with toasted coconut.
- To Make Toasted Coconut: Toast in oven for 10 minutes, until golden stirring occasionally.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Vianney Rodriguez @sweetlifebake.com