- 1 teaspoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15.25 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14.75 oz) cream-style corn
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (4 oz) chopped green chilies
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divide
- Preheat an oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together cornmeal and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl; stir in whole kernel corn, cream-style corn, buttermilk, sugar, melted butter, green chiles, and onion.
- Stir in cornmeal mixture and 2 cups of cheddar cheese until only slight lumps of cornmeal remain; pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven until firmed and lightly browned, about 1 hour. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining cheese; let stand 15 minutes before serving. Best served warm.